Stolen off of Paula’s plate.
1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten.
3) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating.
4) Optional extra: Post a comment at http://www.verygoodtaste.co.uk linking to your results.
1. Venison Reindeer, mmm good!
2. Nettle tea Overrated. Like drinking grass.
3. Huevos rancheros If I’m gonna have eggs, this is a good way to have ’em!
4. Steak tartare Another one of those overrated things.
6. Black pudding Yes, Paula, this is made from blood (sheep’s blood) and it is bloody good.
7. Cheese fondue Oh, god, yes!
9. Borscht Didn’t impress me.
10. Baba ghanoush
11. Calamari Not bad.
12. Pho (Thanks for looking this up, Paula!)
13. PB&J sandwich They’d better have these in heaven!
14. Aloo gobi (like Paula, I’m not into curry, but that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t try this dish)
15. Hot dog from a street cart
16. Epoisses (I’ll try any cheese)
17. Black truffle
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes Damn skippy! Apricots, for example.
19. Steamed pork buns I don’t remember if I liked them.
20. Pistachio ice cream I used to be crazy about this flavor.
21. Heirloom tomatoes
22. Fresh wild berries Usually pick myself, too.
23. Foie gras I’ll avoid it if I can.
24. Rice and beans Calimex style, natch.
25. Brawn, or head cheese Better than it sounds.
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper I’m with Paula. Not into the kills-my-tongue spicy
27. Dulce de leche
28. Oysters Man, are these things overrated!!!
30. Bagna cauda
31. Wasabi peas Oddly unsatisfying
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl
33. Salted lassi
35. Root beer float
36. Cognac with a fat cigar Oh, yes, I have!
37. Clotted cream tea
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O
40. Oxtail If they mean oxtail soup, then, yes, and happily so.
41. Curried goat
42. Whole insects I’m not sure whether or not I could eat this. Chocolate-covered ants are whole, right?
44. Goat’s milk Weird.
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more (Why would I say no to that?)
46. Fugu I am chicken about this fish.
47. Chicken tikka masala
48. Eel I may try it, but I’d have to get that scene with the horse’s head out of my mind first.
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut
50. Sea urchin As overrated as the oysters. But if you love the taste of sea water…
51. Prickly pear Does taste like pear.
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal
57. Dirty gin martini
58. Beer above 8% ABV Christmas ale!
60. Carob chips
62. Sweetbreads Not into offal
63. Kaolin (Yes, Paula, but also a food additive) It’s in toothpaste
66. Frogs’ legs
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake
69. Fried plantain Fried banana counts, yes?
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette Not into offal
72. Caviar and blini
73. Louche absinthe Having tasted regular absinthe, I suspect this another one of those overrated things.
74. Gjetost, or brunost Norway’s favorite cheese!!! Yay!!! (Paula, it’s pasteurized, and has a unique and somewhat sweet flavor)
75. Roadkill Only if I were starving to death.
77. Hostess Fruit Pie
78. Snail Twice, even. I don’t know why.
79. Lapsang souchong
81. Tom yum
82. Eggs Benedict
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant
85. Kobe beef
86. Hare (bunny!)
88. Flowers Like geraniums. Excellent in salads. As are clover flowers.
89. Horse Tender.
90. Criollo chocolate
92. Soft shell crab Overrated.
93. Rose harissa
95. Mole poblano Didn’t like.
96. Bagel and lox And cream cheese.
97. Lobster Thermidor
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee
Your turn, if you want. At least they didn’t ask about eating dogs, cats or rats!