I’m not necessarily in touch with everyone else so I did not pick all the winners. I did pick some winners, though:
- best web application for weblogs Blogger.
- best canadian weblog – The Redneck Mommy I enjoy this blog so it’ll continue to be a regular read.
- best photography of a weblog – I Can Has Cheezburger This has become a “Why didn’t I check this out before???” because it makes me laugh. Out loud. For real. I Can Has A Noo Addikshun.
- best art or craft weblog – Post Secret It’s as fascinating as a train wreck so I still read it.
- best fashion weblog – Go Fug Yourself Yeah, I got hooked looking at the people who have stylists look no better than I do. I still read.
- best gossip weblog – Dlisted So I picked a winner. I gave up reading it after a couple of weeks.
- best teen weblog – Sarcastica I’m losing interest, but blame my age, not her writing.
- best writing of a weblog – Confessions of a Pioneer Woman This one has become one of my favorites. For those of you who like to read about food, check out The Pioneer Woman Cooks (which won a Bloggie, too). I’m actually trying her Asian noodle salad.
- lifetime achievement – Dooce No surprise there.
I monitored my picks for a while. Here are the ones not mentioned above that I voted for and now have as regular reads, Bloggie or not:
- best australian or new zealand weblog – Tokyo Girl Down Under. I read all of her archives. We’ll see how long I stay with her now that she’s distracted by her arms. (She got MS.)
- best european weblog – Iceland Weather Report Still reading this one, partly because I keep learning about Iceland and a few other things.
- best americanUS weblog – Lifehacker I pick and choose which posts to read.
- best food weblog – Gluten Free Girl Gluten Free Girl is still a good writer, but I haven’t tried a single dish. She’s still in my feed.
- best sports weblog – Up In Alaska This blog got me totally hooked. You have got to read about this woman’s biking the Iditarod Trail Invitational.
- best topical weblog – The Consumerist I’ve kept this in my feed but I pick and choose which posts to read.
- most humorous weblog – Cute Overload Still my personal addiction.
- best group weblog – The Consumerist See above.
- best-kept secret weblog – That Night Still reading. May keep doing so.