- Complained to employee ombudsman about Norwegians’ propensity to fire up the barbecue at the first sign of hot weather because co-workers chose to do right outside my office window today and the lighter fluid fumes actually made their way indoors. My sinuses hurt for several minutes after just a minute of exposure to that. Other (Norwegian) co-worker agreed that it is a shame that lovely summer days are constantly ruined by stinky cooking methods.
- Had ice cream with chocolate and nuts and got chocolate stains on new shirt. For some reason, that made it truly feel like summer.
- Argued with teensy spider on balcony. After I broke her web and her three silky attempts to rebuild said web, she finally got the hint and just stayed on the side of the flower pot until I left my tanning session on the balcony. New web is in place, going at a diagonal to avoid perpendicular spot where it kept breaking earlier today. I think I can live with that.
- Returned some clothes ordered by mail to mail order company’s “service office” which happens to be our local gas station (rather than using postal service). Gas station employees must like being a “service office”, because both times I’ve been there (to pick up and to deliver), they’ve been deliriously happy about giving me service. I never get that response when I buy gum.
- Looked up “deliriously” in dictionary.
- Shopped for groceries. Bought lovely pink roses for myself and some smoothies.
- Observed Oreo cookies in grocery store. That’s a first! Didn’t buy.
- Read newspapers online and learned that Norway hasn’t experienced this kind of heat this early in June since 1887.
- Put pink roses in hot water.
2 replies on “To-dos done Friday June 8”
\”Looked up \”deliriously\” in dictionary.\”What did it say?
That it\’s not spelled \”deleriously\”.